Episode Sixteen, the final episode in The Lives of the Saints, First Series, the 1928 B.C.P. Saints, is now available in both video and podcast versions. The focus is on St. Simon and St. Jude, whose combined Feast Day is October 28th. The text includes quotations from the work of St. Jude which I used in Part Four of Christian Spirituality: An Anglican Perspective. Illustrations show three statues, one oil painting, and one bas relief. The episode’s running time is just over 13 minutes. Watch the Video Listen to the Podcast
The 2016 A.D. Upgrade of the AIC Bookstore Publications is almost complete. When finished, all ten books will be available in both paperback and Kindle editions. The conversion to the Kindle format requires a separate service contract with the publisher. The Kindle Conversion of all books is underway, with completion anticipated in late May or early June. The major changes are listed below. You can see images of the new covers (white letters and picture on a black background) on the Bookstore page at our main Web Site: http://www.AnglicanInternetChurch.net/Bookstore.html:
- Hear Us, O Lord: Daily Prayers for the Laity and Beliefs of the Anglican Church both have new covers in our new white on black theme.
- Fr. Ron’s Kitchen Companion includes many new recipes, an improved Recipe Index (larger type), revised Guide to Sources, and some corrections of typographical errors.
- Christian Spirituality: An Anglican Perspective has both a new cover and an entire new section, Part Five, which is a primer on how to use the AIC’s extensive Internet-based reading and study resources.
- Revelation: An Idealist Interpretation, our newest book, features 51 illustrations from the Bamberg Apocalypse, an early 11th C. illuminated manuscript. The interesting connections between the book’s patron, Holy Roman Emperor Otto III, and the Byzantine Empire are explained in the text. This is the only book of the 10 which is still in the proof stage and not available for sale. The final proof is expected on Monday, May 16th.
- Occasional Services for Anglican Worship has been improved with some format changes.
- Paintings on Light: the Stained Glass Windows of St. Joseph’s Villa Chapel; The Prayer Book Psalter: History, Text & Commentary; The Layman’s Lexicon; and Prayers in the Christian Tradition are unchanged, except for the new or revised material on the AIC Bookstore list. Paintings on Light will be made available in a Kindle edition for the first time.
Progress continues on the Second Series in The Lives of the Saints, celebrating 35 named Saints, men and women from both the Western and Eastern Church traditions who are not named in the 1928 B.C.P. The first four episodes commemorate St. Clement of Alexandria and St. John of Damascus, both of whom are celebrated on December 4th; St. Nicholas of Myra (December 6th); and St. Ambrose of Milan (December 7th). For this series I have discovered several illustrations which most readers will not have seen before. In this age when the beliefs of Christianity are under constant assault, improved knowledge of the contributions of these 35 Saints will, I hope, provide readers with spiritual armor against assaults from within and outside the Church.
As always, I appreciate your support for this Internet-based ministry. May God bless you in all that you do in His Name. Amen! Glory be to God for all things! Amen!